SpaceTEC® Certification Information and Recertification Requirements
- SpaceTEC® certified technicians can be added to AeroTEK‘s database by contacting SpaceTEC.
- SpaceTEC® certifications are valid for three years from issuance.
- Additionally as part of the ISO 17024 Accreditation, SpaceTEC® must demonstrate the ability to locate and verify the status of each certification holder so contact information updates are also requested at recertification.
- The recertification requirement is on a time scale and involves three methods to recertify.
- To learn more about recertification, click here.
How is it structured?
The SpaceTEC® Certified Aerospace Technician® examination process offers certification in two categories:
- A Core Certification for entry-level employees covering general knowledge in six areas: Introduction to Aerospace, Applied Mechanics, Basic Electricity, Test & Measurements, Materials and Processes and Aerospace Safety; and
- Concentration Examinations for advanced standing in one of the following three areas: Aerospace Vehicle Processing; Aerospace Manufacturing; Aerospace Composites.
What do the SpaceTEC® exams include?
The SpaceTEC® examinations are all three-part tests including:
- A proctored computer-based written examination
- An oral examination (if required)
- A practical performance-based skills examination administered by a trained and certified SpaceTEC® Examiner (STE).
You must first pass the Core Certification Examination to become eligible to sit for one of the SpaceTEC® concentration certifications.
Where would I test?
Our staff will make arrangements with your closest location. The written portion of the Certification Exam can be taken anywhere there is a proctor available, such as in public libraries and military installations; the oral and practical exams are available at the following locations.
More details on the Core and each of the Concentration Examinations can be found under the Certifications tab on this web site.
Do You Qualify?
You must meet at least one of the following verifiable criteria to sit for the exam:
- You have a 2 year technical college program degree.
- You have/had a two year technical military assignment.
- You hold a FAA Airframe/powerplant certificate.
- You have two or more years of on the job training and experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Concentration exams require a Core Certification.
What Do the Exams Cost?
SpaceTEC® certification exam costs can be found here. The exam includes an optional Prep Course and the three part exam (Written, Oral and Practical).
SpaceTEC® has received approval from Montgomery GI Bill, DANTES, and NavyCOOL for payment or reimbursement for the exam.
How Do I Prepare for the Test?
Click here to view the SpaceTEC® YouTube channel which contains Introduction to Aerospace videos.
We offer a Prep Course to help you prepare for the Certification Exam. In order to have access to the Prep Course, payment has to be made for the Certification Exam.
Email SpaceTEC® staff for more information.
Powerpoint is required to view the course reference material. A link to the PowerPoint Viewer is provided below. Some of the files are large in size and will take several minutes to download.
*Login Required – You will be asked to enter your Name and Group, College or Business Affiliation